How SKIP Works
How SKIP works
- Your child will be individually assessed and placed in a group that best suits their needs with four other children – small groups ensure that each child gets individual attention at each session.
- The same group of children will meet once a week for one or two hours, depending on their age.
- The carers of very young children stay in the room for the duration of the session and are actively encouraged to participate with their children in the programme.
- For the older children, the carers stay in another room and watch the session on CCTV while they enjoy a coffee.
- At the end of each session, the parents are given homework which consists of no more than three targets which will take no longer than twenty minutes of parental time.
- Once the child is allocated a place we would hope that s/he will stay with us in the same group until going to school.